Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-30-2006 18:43:13

dmares
Website

Linkpoint

i'm trying to get linkpoint perl api's setup and working. first thing i can't find out from anyone is where to put the .pem certificat file.
then,
1. is there any special location other that cgi-bin to place the perl scripts that linkpoint sent.
2. but i'm beginning to get the idea that clickart has its own scripts setup for that. correct?
3. if so, which clickcart scripts are designed for linkpoint, and where are they, and do they need to be customized in any fashion.
help help help.

:-(

#2 08-30-2006 20:09:37

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Linkpoint

Your linkpoint certificate goes in the file /ccp51/data/keys/linkpoint.txt

CCP has all the necessary PERL routines for Linkpoint built in.  All you have to do is go into the admin area, under Orders & Payment -> Manage Payment Methods and click the update link for 'Linkpoint/YourPay API - Secure Server'.  Change the 'Active Status' to 'Active' and put your store number in the form content section, in the part that looks like:

Code:

<!-- ### -->
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="storename" VALUE="XXXXXXX">
<!-- ### -->

That should be all you need to do to set up Linkpoint.  There is one other thing to consider - in the original release of CCP, the CVV value is not sent to Linkpoint due to an oversight in the code.  You can reference  for the fix.

Rachael

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 08-30-2006 20:17:38

TerryA
Website

One additional thing to what Rachel stated, make sure cURL is installed on your server and you have the proper path set in Global Settings/Program Settings.

#4 08-30-2006 21:07:47

dstrand
Website

Hi Folks,
I'm not tryng to hijack this thread (If I am, I'll be happy to start a new one).  But this seems to be along the same line of questions.

<!-- ### -->
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="storename" VALUE="XXXXXXX">
<!-- ### -->

In the script above, where exactly, do you input the store number?
after "Hidden Name"  or after "Value"?

To be honest, I've tried both, and my test purchase is still being declined;
Here's the error message; 

"Unfortunately, our online processing partner was unable to accept your transaction. It is possible you do not have enough money available to process your order, or our processor could be experiencing technical difficulties at the present time.

You can attempt to process your order again, or contact us to discuss other payment options."
Any thoughts?

Dave

#5 08-30-2006 21:32:15

rachaelseven
Website

The store number should go after VALUE, in place of the X's.  If it still doesn't work, check your cURL settings, per Terry's suggestion and make sure your certificate file is uploaded correctly.

Rachael Katz

#6 08-31-2006 14:41:47

dmares
Website

relating to the field asking to the server path to curl?
just trying to confirm: this is the directory with or without the trailing slash?
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/

or is it the complete path to the program itself
/usr/bin/curl

the documenttation is never really clean if it wants the path to end with a slash or not.
or in this case, the complete program name  either.

#7 08-31-2006 15:31:26

rachaelseven
Website

Assuming your cURL is actually in that directory, the correct form would be:

/usr/bin/curl

Rachael Katz

#8 09-01-2006 06:45:08

dmares
Website

as anyone can see, i've gotten a lot of help on this setup.

however, none has fixed the problem.

i just want to say, and maybe request of the programmers, or anyone else.

will someone who has a flawless setup, place somewhere the individual parameters needed from all the setup screens, and appropriate perl modifications, and any other minute items that need to be adjusted, filled in and modified to make this work.

it seems like this should be found in one easy install location. however, i haven't found it. if it sounds like i'm frustrated with the setup, i am. sorry for the tirade.

hey, who knows, maybe others would benfit.

#9 09-01-2006 08:18:07

TerryA
Website

I am going to ask a few questions just to make sure you didn't miss anything. If you have already done this, please don't get mad!   wink

Have you checked with your host or server administrator to make sure that cURL is infact installed on your box?

Have you checked with your host or server administrator to make sure that you have the correct path to cURL set in your Global Setting/Program Settings?

Did you check your linkpoint.txt file to make sure that it was uploaded in ASCII and does not have any additional line endings before or after the data?

Have you contacted LinkPoint to see if they can watch a transaction to see where it is failing?  Maybe they can help you pinpoint where the problem is.

If it isn't any of these problems, it is probably a problem with your cURL installation on the server.  If that is the case, this forum will more than likely not be able to help you resolve the issue.  You would need to have someone familiar with your server type fix it for you.

#10 09-19-2006 14:41:34

ellehazen

I am also having this problem and it's driving me crazy!  I just launched my site and realized the payment gateway isnt integrated properly so it's a MAJOR ISSUE! 

How do I know that Port 1129 is being used?

What goes in the code under "storename"... since I have the "Value" as my store number???

#11 09-19-2006 15:06:01

rachaelseven
Website

storename should be left alone.  Just replace the X's with your store number as instructed above.  I can't answer the port question, so I'll leave that part to someone else.

Rachael Katz

#12 09-19-2006 15:07:26

Big Dave

Code:

<!-- ### -->
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="storename" VALUE="your_username">
<!-- ### -->

The above is what you should have.
You will change "your_username" to "the username you have from linkpoint"

You do not touch NAME="storename"

#13 09-19-2006 15:08:53

Big Dave

You can view the software manual in admin for more info under "Payment Method Management"

#14 09-19-2006 15:49:06

ellehazen

The following is literally ALL it says about Linkpoint API in the manual, which I've read and re-read:

Cardservice Linkpoint (API Only)

When you signed up for your API processing account at linkpoint, you were provided with a key file. The contents of this key file need to be entered into the file /ccp51/data/keys/linkpoint.txt via FTP for this method to work properly.

No other configuration is necessary for this method (other than entering your storename in the Form Content section of the payment method screen as instructed above).
* Please see the note about additional software at the bottom of this page.

#15 09-19-2006 15:50:42

ellehazen

I have done what you said above and it still isnt working for me...

#16 09-19-2006 16:03:48

Big Dave

Did you upload the key to your server?

#17 09-19-2006 16:08:16

ellehazen

Yes... I even reuploaded it to be sure since I did it a few months ago. 

And when I called and spoke to the linkpoint tech people, they checked everything out and did a test transaction to see what happened, but nothing went through on their end.  Essentially, when all was said and done, they said it was my shopping cart integration.

Last edited by ellehazen (09-19-2006 16:10:22)

#18 09-19-2006 16:11:22

Big Dave

I'll use Terry's post from above as it is everything I would ask:

TerryA wrote:

I am going to ask a few questions just to make sure you didn't miss anything. If you have already done this, please don't get mad!   wink

Have you checked with your host or server administrator to make sure that cURL is infact installed on your box?

Have you checked with your host or server administrator to make sure that you have the correct path to cURL set in your Global Setting/Program Settings?

Did you check your linkpoint.txt file to make sure that it was uploaded in ASCII and does not have any additional line endings before or after the data?

Have you contacted LinkPoint to see if they can watch a transaction to see where it is failing?  Maybe they can help you pinpoint where the problem is.

If it isn't any of these problems, it is probably a problem with your cURL installation on the server.  If that is the case, this forum will more than likely not be able to help you resolve the issue.  You would need to have someone familiar with your server type fix it for you.

#19 09-19-2006 16:14:03

ellehazen

I have done all of these things.  The only thing I am unsure about is the uploading of the PEM linkpoint.txt.  I am not given ASCII as a method choice (I use Fetch for Mac OS X), it just loaded it in automatic.  Is there another name for this?

#20 09-19-2006 16:15:31

ellehazen

ellehazen wrote:

And when I called and spoke to the linkpoint tech people, they checked everything out and did a test transaction to see what happened, but nothing went through on their end.  Essentially, when all was said and done, they said it was my shopping cart integration.

I had gone back and edited this post, so I wanted to make sure you saw it...

#21 09-19-2006 16:17:34

Big Dave

I am not familiar with Fetch or Mac.

Please don't take this as insulting, but there are two different Linkpoint payment options.
Are you sure you are working with the correct one?

#22 09-19-2006 16:22:51

ellehazen

I've been working with Linkpoint API the entire time and I've been under the impression that it is the one I'm supposed to be using, but at this point I dont know what's going on.  How do I know if I need to switch?

#23 09-19-2006 16:32:55

Big Dave

Try the other one? lol.

Also, make sure that no other card processors are enabled in admin.
This happened to another user in the past and caused problems.

Can you PM me your website? I will take a look for you and see if I can help.

#24 09-19-2006 17:19:05

ellehazen

Ok... it tried to send it

#25 09-19-2006 17:25:14

Big Dave

did not get any PM from you

Board footer