Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-16-2006 03:26:33

kidsandco
Website

No Products!

i have been editing product.csv in excel, and when i upload it back to the site, in admin i get a blank page, and there are no products on the site anywhere. I have searched the forums and found that there could be problems with the ftp upload mode, the permissions of the file etc, but i have tried all these things for the last day, and cant get it to work. I have tried uploading a product.csv file with just the column headings, and then i get the link to add a product in admin, but then it gets an error. On my website i have clicked on a category (there are no products showing) and this is the error i scooped from the source:

Code:

<!-- DISPLAY ERROR: SUBROUTINE ste_prod_disp GENERATED MESSAGE: DBD::AnyData::st fetchall_arrayref failed: Attempt to fetch row from a Non-SELECT statement at /homepages/11/d118031111/htdocs/ccp51/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 626.

SELECT product_id,product_xcat
FROM product
WHERE product_xcat CLIKE '%boys%'

-->

The error on the admin source is:

Code:

<!-- DISPLAY ERROR: SUBROUTINE adm_iud_list_disp GENERATED MESSAGE: DBD::AnyData::st fetchall_arrayref failed: Attempt to fetch row from a Non-SELECT statement at /homepages/11/d118031111/htdocs/ccp51/cgi-bin/library/common/database.pl line 626.

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM product

-->

I really dont know what the problem is, it might be something very obvious that i have overlooked

K.R.
Kids & Co. Wholesale

#2 08-16-2006 07:40:17

TerryA
Website

Re: No Products!

This is either a problem with the permissions (which it probably isn't unless you deleted the old file off the server and uploaded a new one without setting permissions) or a problem with the csv file.  It could be the way you are saving it in Excel or it could be the way you are uploading it.  More than likely, it is the way you are uploading.  Make sure that you move this file both ways in BINARY or the script will not be able to read the file.  I know you said you have checked that but sometimes strange things happen!

If you don't have any success with this, email me the file and your FTP info and I will see if I can get it working for you.

This brings up a point!  To save yourself headaches like this in the future, after you download the file from your site, rename the file on the site to .bak or something, then upload your modified file, set permissions on it to 777m and see if it works.  If not, you can always fall back to the original file!

#3 08-16-2006 07:54:31

kidsandco
Website

hi thanks for the reply.

just to confirm this is your e-mail address?????

terry@ccphosting.net

is that correct???

thanks

K.R.
Kids & Co. Wholesale

#4 08-16-2006 08:25:18

jpl
Website

Another possibility, have you made any changes to your product.csv such as  adding columns. If you manually add columns to your product.csv you also need to add them to config_product.csv or the system will not recognize the new fields and that can cause problems.

I do agree with Terry that this sounds much more like a binary mode issue but adding fields manually can also cause problems.

John

Be curious always! For knowledge will not acquire you: you must acquire it. - Back, Sudie

#5 08-16-2006 08:42:50

kidsandco
Website

No i dont think its anything to do with adding columns, i have done that many times before without any trouble, and i haven't done that recently anyway. It probably is the upload of the file, but i cant see what im doing wrong at the moment

K.R.
Kids & Co. Wholesale

#6 08-16-2006 08:48:58

jpl
Website

what FTP client are you using? When you save the file are you saving it as a csv file?

Be curious always! For knowledge will not acquire you: you must acquire it. - Back, Sudie

#7 08-16-2006 09:00:39

rachaelseven
Website

If the upload is not the culprit, it could have been the original download.  If you downloaded the file in ASCII, then it would be corrupted no matter what you did with the upload.  Do you have a backup you could use?

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#8 08-16-2006 09:30:46

jpl
Website

The download would only be a problem if you were using a NON - Windows system such as MAC or Linux. If you are using a Windows PC downloading in ASCII would have no adverse effect. The upload is the primary concern.

#9 08-16-2006 10:01:11

kidsandco
Website

Downloading the file is not the problem, the ftp client i am using automatically changes the mode, and i haved checked that the .csv extension is transfered in binary mode permeanantly. I am uploading it in binary, and the file is saved as a CSV, as i always do. im not doing anything different to normal. I am always using the same ftp client and the same upload and download method.

maybe someone that has access to a ccp directory could download their product.csv file and just remove the products, leaving the column headings, and send it to me. I would get the file from the original file-set, but i dont have that available on this computer at the moment.

K.R.
Kids & Co. Wholesale

#10 08-16-2006 13:50:44

TerryA
Website

I checked the order of the columns in your product file and they are not in the correct order.  You also have at least one column that is not in the original file.  I tested your store with an original set of files and everything worked correctly.  I also sent you the original product file and category file from the UK version.  You may have some mods that require the extra column so you will need to sort that out.

#11 08-16-2006 13:56:24

TerryA
Website

I may be wrong about the column order.  Download this file, config_product.csv, from your data directory and make sure that the column order of the product.csv is the same as the order in this file.  You may have to create a new file using the data from config_product.csv to create your columns and then copy just the data from the original file into the new one.  Doesn't look like there is going to be a simple easy fix for this one.

#12 08-16-2006 16:31:33

kidsandco
Website

Terry,

The order of the columns in the product.csv file correspond with the order in config_product.csv. I have had these two files the same for the last year and haven't changed them since. They were not the problem.

You were right the first time. It was the upload mode that was causing it. As i said, i was at another computer, and i had to use an online ftp service to download product.csv. It obviousely got downloaded in ASCII mode, and was then on corrupt. I finaly got hold of my original files, and re-created the columns in the correct order in the example product.csv file. I then uploaded it and it worked!!

Thanks for all your help and work smile

Thanks everyone for the replies

K.R.
Kids & Co. Wholesale

#13 06-16-2008 08:36:17

razorboy

was having this problem myself - using a linux system with open office - any clue why this happens?

Board footer