Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-14-2006 20:38:55

keyman
Website

Update Installation

I don't understand why it looks like.. (on the main clickcartpro web page) . I would have to pay for a brand-new installation to update the CCP5.1,  I already have installed on my server?

I really need to find somebody to install the updates.  So I get to making a living off of my web site. I have already set up service with PayPal Website Payments Pro. And really would like to use CCP5.1 with their service

It is bad enough.  I have two order numbers, and not sure which one to place on the order form?

I thought there was an update service that cost around $125 US a year?

The Keyman 

#2 07-15-2006 03:17:24

Todd
Website

Re: Update Installation

You can find upgrade information and associated costs .

there's more than one way to...

#3 07-16-2006 20:46:16

keyman
Website

All I wanted to do was update . the version I have now.  Instead of sending me and update package Kryptronic sent me the latest complete ccp5.1?

sad I am extremely afraid to completely install the latest version . I do not want to lose any of my setup files.  The first time I tried to update ccp5.1 . I lost everything.

Is there some kind of trick . I can use to update my present version of ccp5.1 without losing any of my setup files?

I am really working toward setting it up to go with my PayPal Website Payments Pro.

Thank you for the information I checked , and apparently they want to charge me for a full install.

Kryptronic should have a service charge for just the update package.  Then again , if computers were more reliable . I would have probably had it setup already myself.

Sincerely,

Ira

#4 07-17-2006 13:50:30

Todd
Website

Hello Ira,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'setup' files.  However, the $49.99 installation fee is very reasonable. 

The same fee is true of an upgrade as a full installation.  As much as people may think an upgrade installation fee should be cheaper, it is in my opinion that it should be more expensive than the original installation.

Why?

When CCP is installed the first time, there is no chance of overwriting or breaking anything on the existing store.  That is not a concern as no store exists.

However, when you upgrade an existing store, you have to use extra care so as not to break anything.  This requires more work than just initial installation.

That being said, I would consider the piece of mind worth the $49.99 that the upgrade is being handled by Nick who knows the software better than anyone else.

there's more than one way to...

#5 07-17-2006 14:14:55

TerryA
Website

Ira is not looking for an upgrade.  She is trying to get her software updated to the latest release.   I have emailed her about this as she is at the second release right now and needs to have all the updates installed.  Just waiting for your reply, Ira.

Board footer