Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-14-2006 10:11:16

WildFire

Lost Admin Password

We built this site for a customer ealier this year and she is having problems, but i can't remember the password for the webmaster login, i tried the password webmaster already but it doesn't work. I have the encrypted password, is there a way i can get this translated?

#2 07-14-2006 10:40:24

WildFire

Re: Lost Admin Password

nevermind i found the process.

It is a multiple step process with several ways to do it. First, you will need to download the settings.csv and the admuser.csv files in BINARY with your FTP program. Just to be safe, I would download a second copy to a different folder on your computer just incase something goes wrong, you will have a backup copy. You are also going to need to have your CCP invoice number available. If you do not have it, you can find it in the settings.csv when you open it. Open them both in Excel. In the settings.csv, look for the line that says admin_register_status and set column C from Y to N. Save the file and select YES at the dialog box that comes up. Then close the file and select NO when it asks if you want to save it.

Then open admuser.csv and delete the second line. If there is a third line of data, you should delete that also. Do Not delete the first line or you will not get this to work! Now save your file as you did the settings.csv. Upload these files using BINARY to the same location thay originally came from, overwriting the originals. Then log back in to your admin URL and you will be asked to register the program again. Your username and password will be reset to webmaster/webmaster which you will need to change to your username and password.

If all else fails, I can do this for you for a small fee. Just PM me your FTP info and what you want the password set to. 

#3 07-14-2006 19:32:49

dtwg
Website

If all else fails, I can do this for you for a small fee. Just PM me your FTP info and what you want the password set to.

This is against forum rules and likely to get you banned...

dtwg

#4 07-14-2006 21:30:00

Quizno

That text was cut and pasted from a reply in another thread by TerryA, a forum moderator.

#5 07-15-2006 19:17:50

dtwg
Website

Sorry, I wasn't wearing my secret invisible quote block decoder glasses... smile

dtwg

#6 07-17-2006 08:20:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This kind of info is OK to post as in order to do this you would need FTP access into the account.  Concerning user passwords we hold tightly the methodology to encrypt and decrypt the passwords.  Simply deleting fields to re-register and re-create users is OK as you really do need FTP access before doing that.

Nick Hendler

Board footer