Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-14-2006 12:38:02

carasmo
Website

Cancelled And Incompletes Marked As Such

From original post:

Provided by Rachael Katz:

Ok, if you want the incomplete (cancelled) orders to have a different status than the contact customer or check (pending payment) orders, here is what you need to do. This will involve several changes, so I recommend a full site backup before you begin. At a minimum, make sure you back up the affected files before you modify them. When you FTP, remember that CSV files need to be transferred in BINARY mode and PERL files (.pl) need to be transferred in ASCII mode.

First, go into your CCP admin, under Orders & Payment -> Manage Payment Methods. Click the update link for the Contact Customer payment method and change the Perform Order Updates field to 'Yes'. Do the same for the Check payment method.

Next, edit the file ccp51/data/tabes/config_tracking.csv and change the line:

Code:

tracking_status,SYSTEM,Order Status,30,Y,SELECT-CUSTOM,Pending Payment:P|Pending Shipment:NS|Partially Shipped:PS|Completed:C|Cancelled:X,P,Y

to:

Code:

tracking_status,SYSTEM,Order Status,30,Y,SELECT-CUSTOM,Incomplete:P|Pending Payment:PP|Pending Shipment:NS|Partially Shipped:PS|Completed:C|Cancelled:X,P,Y

Finally, edit the file cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_order.pl. In the subroutine ste_order_conf_updatetrack_proc (somewhere around line 3220), change:

Code:

if ($prodshipped_count > "0") {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','NS');

} else {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','C');

} ######### End of if statement.

to:

Code:

if ($tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check") {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','PP');

} else {

} else {

} #### endif

Now, if a customer bails out of the checkout process, the order will be marked 'Incomplete', which is what it really is. If the customer completes the checkout process using the Contact Customer or Check payment options, the order will be marked Pending Payment. This is tested and working on my site, but this is the first time I've transcribed the mod for public consumption. I believe I've covered all the steps, but let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Rachael

--------------------
Rachael Katz
Katz Eye™ Optics - Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR's

#2 06-16-2006 17:40:00

theblade24
Website

Re: Cancelled And Incompletes Marked As Such

I have applied this mod. Received email for confirmation of "check payment".

However, the order was marked "incomplete" not "pending payment".

What could I have done wrong?

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#3 06-16-2006 19:05:16

rachaelseven
Website

It would be one of two things... the first possibility is that you skipped the first step of changing the Perform Order Updates field to 'Yes' for the check payment method.  If you don't change that setting, the script won't update the status to Pending Payment.  The other possibility would be some sort of error in the code in applying the code from one of the other two steps.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#4 06-17-2006 06:34:47

theblade24
Website

That was it, I didnt change the update status in admin for check payment.

Do I need to change that for Money Order as well? or any items I have activated?

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#5 06-17-2006 07:05:51

rachaelseven
Website

I set this mod up to work with the Contact Customer payment method and the Check payment method.  The way it stands, those are the only two that will move from incomplete to payment pending at the completion of the checkout process.  So you should change the update status for those two payment methods, but there isn't much point in changing it for any others, unless you also modify the code.  If there are other payment methods that you want to work this way (like maybe ones you've created), you can add the gateway names into the list in the if statement:

Code:

if ($tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check")

All the gateways listed there will be set to pending payment at the end of the transaction, as long as thier update status setting in the admin is 'yes'.

Rachael Katz

#6 06-17-2006 14:23:19

theblade24
Website

Would it not be wise to add any payment methods you are using such as paypal, Money order...whatever?

That was the problem, I didnt change the update switch to yes for the check payment.

I did go and add others I'm using and turned their update switch on too.

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#7 06-17-2006 15:36:05

rachaelseven
Website

The 'Money Order' payment method is one I'm not familiar with, as it doesn't seem to be part of the standard CCP install.  If it's one you added, then it should probably be included in the if statement.  The only other payment method I see in the standard CCP install that should probably be included is the Purchase Order payment method.  PayPal and any of the credit card methods will update their status from incomplete to pending shipment or complete already and should NOT be included in this if statement.  This mod doesn't change the behavior of any of those payment methods, except to change the status of unfinished orders from 'pending payment' to 'incomplete'.  Those methods should also already be set to perform updates, so no change is required there and they will continue to update their status (when appropriate, of course) just like they did before.  This mod only affects payment methods that would normally have stopped at Pending Payment status, like check, contact customer, and purchase order.

Rachael Katz

#8 06-18-2006 18:50:26

theblade24
Website

Since I have applied this mod and changed the update status in admin for check payment, someone has placed an order, selected check payment, and consequently an email was sent to my drop ship supplier because of the update status being activated.

This is not good as the customer has not paid.

Is there a method to work this mod without the update status feature being active?

Having the supplier email sent when the customer hasn't paid such as "check payment", or I have one for "credit card over phone", just isn't going to work.

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#9 06-18-2006 19:22:20

rachaelseven
Website

I can see how that would be a problem.  I don't use drop shipping, so I hadn't forseen that situation.  There is another possible method, but I haven't tested it this way.  If you want to give it a try, here's what you need to do.  First, change your update status settings back to 'no'.  Leave the rest of the mod in place, as per the original post.  The alternate mod requires an additional change to ste_order.pl, in the subroutine ste_order_conf_updatetrack_proc.  Around line 3040 you'll find:

Code:

if ($tracking_status ne "C" && $gateway_updateallow eq "Y") {

Change the above line to:

Code:

if ($tracking_status ne "C" && ($gateway_updateallow eq "Y" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check")) {

Again, you can add other payment methods to the list, such as purchase order or credit card by phone.  By leaving the update status setting set to 'no' and doing the mod this way, the status should update from incomplete to pending payment when the customer completes the order, but none of the other things (like shipper emails) will happen.  Like I said, this is untested; so give it a good thorough test and be prepared to revert to your backup if it does anything unexpected.

Rachael

Rachael Katz

#10 06-19-2006 07:09:42

theblade24
Website

ok, so the modification to config_tracking.csv must stay as original?

Revert ste_order.pl back to original and then apply changed code to ste_order.pl?

But the config_tracking.csv change actually must stay?

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#11 06-19-2006 08:28:28

theblade24
Website

I'm getting script execution error with the new code.

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#12 06-19-2006 08:56:21

rachaelseven
Website

config_tracking.csv should stay modified per the original post.  ste_order.pl should be reverted to the original and then the new changes applied.  The script execution error was due to a missing parenthesis - my apologies.  I've corrected the post and it should work correctly now.

Rachael Katz

#13 06-20-2006 11:57:50

theblade24
Website

Bingo, working like a charm!

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#14 06-20-2006 12:24:18

rachaelseven
Website

Wonderful!  Glad to hear we were able to solve the problem!

Rachael Katz

#15 06-22-2006 16:25:15

carasmo
Website

I applied this mod two weeks ago and only tested it making cancelled orders, it worked great. Then an actual order came in and this is what freaked out:

1. No order confirmation page is generated.

2. No tracking order is generated.

3. Order is marked incomplete and there is no state, zip code, or lots of other information.

4. An email is sent to the store, but there is no confirmation order sent to the customer.

Anyway, I put it back the old way until I can figure this out.

#16 06-22-2006 17:03:45

theblade24
Website

I'm not experiencing any of that.

Which method of the mod are you using?

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#17 06-22-2006 18:49:13

rachaelseven
Website

Gonna take some more information to sort that one out... what payment method... how was the mod applied... several people, including myself, have been using this without a problem, so it was probably an error in applying the mod.  Give us some details of what you did and we'll try to help.

Rachael Katz

#18 06-25-2006 02:00:23

dh783
Website

####### I have updated the original post------John#########

I have the Layaway mod installed on my site and after I applied this mod I noticed that the pay by check method would put a payment into the layaway database as received.

Since some of his code in this spot it is hard for me to know exactly what is here but

If you make the statement in ste_order.pl ike this:

Code:

if ($tracking_status ne "C" && ($gateway_updateallow eq "Y" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check")) {

(this made my site go from the select payment page right to the order canceled page with out selecting cancele)

it will skip this part, if the payment type isn't check or nopay:

Code:

if ($trackitem_cartprodshipped eq "Y") {

$prodshipped_count++;

if ($tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check") {

} else {

} else {

} ######## End of if statement.

I beleve you will have to place the condition statement inside of the if ($tracking_status ne "C" && $gateway_updateallow eq "Y") statement.
I tried several ways on my site to get it to not let the pay by check and no pay to put payments into my layaway database and the only way I got it to work right was to do this inside of:

Code:

where:

Code:

if($trackitem_itemname =~ /^Layaway/g && $tracking_account && $trackitem_prodtotal && $trackitem_itemname) {

if ($tracking_paymethod ne "ste_gw_check") {
          if ($tracking_paymethod ne "ste_gw_nopay") {

and then a little further down:

Code:

} ######## Added to end if statement. ########
) ######### Added to end if statement. ########

if ($trackitem_cartprodshipped eq "Y") {

$prodshipped_count++;

} else {

(Since I have some layaway code here I tried to make it look like it was before the layaway mod was installed)

I know that some of this post dosen't apply to everone but it you have this Layaway mod and have "Pay By Check" as a paymet option then you need to make sure that the check payment doesn't make the system think it has received money.

John

#19 06-25-2006 08:16:44

rachaelseven
Website

The layaway mod certainly complicates things, since it would affect related portions of the code.  If what you've got is working for you, then that's great.  But I would be concerned about the three nested if statements at the beginning of the routine - that seems to set it up so that the code inside those if statements can never run.  I would double-check that credit card or other payment methods are still functioning properly and also try to follow through the code logic in that routine to make sure it does what it was supposed to.

Rachael Katz

#20 06-25-2006 10:44:10

dh783
Website

You are right.

I don't have an original copy of the ste_order.pl to compare with but if the

my $prodshipped_count = "0";
my $time=time;
foreach $row(@trackitem) {
($trackitem_id,$trackitem_itemnumber,....................................}

is part of the original code then where I said to place the two if statement would not let it execute.

I should clearify what I did. I actuly placed the if statements like this

Code:

if($trackitem_itemname =~ /^Layaway/g && $tracking_account && $trackitem_prodtotal && $trackitem_itemname) {

if ($tracking_paymethod ne "ste_gw_check") {
          if ($tracking_paymethod ne "ste_gw_nopay") {

which is inside of the if ($tracking_status ne "C" && $gateway_updateallow eq "Y").

Also where I said that I ended these statements would not have let customer and intenal email be sent for check and nopay methods, I ended them just above the if ($trackitem_cartprodshipped eq "Y") statement.

I will change the original post. Sorry if I have confussed anybody.

John

#21 06-26-2006 11:40:19

rachaelseven
Website

This mod has evolved a little bit, so I'm going to post the complete instructions over again so that it is more clear.  This does not take into account the layaway mod, so if you have that module, either don't use this mod or see John's comments above.  Here are the new instructions to apply this mod:

This will involve several changes, so I recommend a full site backup before you begin.  At a minimum, make sure you back up the affected files before you modify them.  When you FTP, remember that CSV files need to be transferred in BINARY mode and PERL files (.pl) need to be transferred in ASCII mode.

First, edit the file ccp51/data/tabes/config_tracking.csv and change the line:

Code:

tracking_status,SYSTEM,Order Status,30,Y,SELECT-CUSTOM,Pending Payment:P|Pending Shipment:NS|Partially Shipped:PS|Completed:C|Cancelled:X,P,Y

to:

Code:

tracking_status,SYSTEM,Order Status,30,Y,SELECT-CUSTOM,Incomplete:P|Pending Payment:PP|Pending Shipment:NS|Partially Shipped:PS|Completed:C|Cancelled:X,P,Y

Next, edit the file cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_order.pl.  In the subroutine ste_order_conf_updatetrack_proc (somewhere around line 3020), change:

Code:

} else {

to:

Code:

if ($tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_purchord") {

} else {

} else {

} #### endif

Finally, still in ste_order.pl, in the subroutine ste_order_conf_updatetrack_proc, around line 3010 you'll find:

Code:

Change the above line to:

Code:

if ($tracking_status ne "C" && ($gateway_updateallow eq "Y" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_purchord")) {

With the mod in place this way, no shipper emails will go out, nor will discount codes and inventory update when pending payment orders are placed.  I believe this covers all the appropriate payment methods that come with the standard CCP install.  However, if you have created payment methods of your own that require the same behavior, you can add them to the end of the list of payment methods in both places by putting in:

Code:

or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_yourmethod"

Sorry for any confusion the premature posting of the mod might have caused.

Rachael

Last edited by rachaelseven (09-29-2006 08:33:34)

Rachael Katz

#22 07-29-2006 16:39:08

keyssoap
Website

Hi Rachael,  Thanks for this great mod!

I was wondering a couple of things.

1) What do we have to do to the ATS batch for this to show up there?

2) Is there an easy way to track payments over a time period.  For example, if a dealer places an order on terms like Net 30, we have no way to have a flag that tells us that their payment is late.  I tried to figure this out in the PO payment area, but it was beyond me.

Regards,

Bob

Chemical-Free Skin Health
Clean Green Skincare & Petcare

#23 07-29-2006 18:33:08

rachaelseven
Website

HI Bob,

You're very welcome.  In answer to your questions:

1)  As far as the ATS batch page goes, I assume you mean to have the pending payment orders show up there?  If that's the case, then what you want to do is edit adm_batch.pl and look for the code:

Code:

$SQL = "select tracking_id,tracking_firstname,tracking_lastname,tracking_date,tracking_total,tracking_shippingtotal,tracking_stateprovtax, tracking_countrytax, tracking_discounttotal,tracking_usr,tracking_phone,tracking_fax,tracking_email,tracking_status from tracking where tracking_status = 'NS' or tracking_status = 'PS' order by tracking_epoch asc";

And change that to:

Code:

$SQL = "select tracking_id,tracking_firstname,tracking_lastname,tracking_date,tracking_total,tracking_shippingtotal,tracking_stateprovtax, tracking_countrytax, tracking_discounttotal,tracking_usr,tracking_phone,tracking_fax,tracking_email,tracking_status from tracking where tracking_status = 'NS' or tracking_status = 'PS' or tracking_status = 'PP' order by tracking_epoch asc";

I don't think you would want the incomplete orders to show, but if you did for some reason, you could add:

Code:

or tracking_status = 'P'

That would go right after the 'PP' in the code above.

2) I don't know of an easy way to track payments over time with CCP.  I've been thinking about offering Net 30 terms to a few of my dealers as well, so I have been giving it some thought.  But so far, I don't have a good option.  I'm thinking that maybe that would really need to be done in an accounting software and I might need to figure out the accounting export portion of CCP and deal with it that way.  But if I do have any good thoughts for modding CCP, I'll definitely let you know.  Do you have any sense of what the functionality should be?  If you can define the way it should work, I might be able to work out the code or we could approach a support partner if it looks too complex.

Rachael

Last edited by rachaelseven (09-29-2006 08:34:06)

Rachael Katz

#24 07-30-2006 14:02:36

keyssoap
Website

Hi Rachael,  I made the mod for both and I am having some problems. 

In the order admin, I see the incomplete show up as an option.  My current outstanding check payments showed up in this area as incomplete.  I only had one, so I manually changed it to Pending Payment...assuming that the system remebered the old 'PP' = pending payment.  I also had one true incomplete that did show up as incomplete, so that is good.

My problem was over on the Batch side.  I do want to see incomplete over on the batch, because we manage everything from the batch.  I made the changes you suggested and incomplete does not show up at all in the radio buttons on the left.  Here is the code change I made:

Code:

$SQL = "select 
tracking_id,tracking_firstname,tracking_lastname,tracking_date,tracking_total,tracking_shippingtotal,tracking_stateprovtax,tracking_countrytax,tracking_discounttotal,tracking_usr,tracking_phone,tracking_fax,tracking_email,tracking_status from tracking where  tracking_status = 'NS' or tracking_status = 'PS' or tracking_status = 'PP' or tracking_status = 'P' order by tracking_epoch desc";

I seem to be missing something.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Bob

Chemical-Free Skin Health
Clean Green Skincare & Petcare

#25 07-30-2006 14:11:52

rachaelseven
Website

Hi Bob,

No, you're not missing anything - I am.  I didn't think about the necessity of adding the new radio button for the new status... sorry about that.  The SQL statement you have should pull the incomplete orders, but we'll need another change to make a radio button for the incomplete status.  Edit your adm_batch.pl one more time and look for the code:

Code:

print "<td valign='top'>";
    print "<input type='hidden' name='tracking_id$OnRow' value='$tracking_id'>\n";
    print "<input type='hidden' name='tracking_oldstatus$OnRow' value='$tracking_status'>\n";
    $selected = ($tracking_status eq "P" ? " CHECKED" : "");
    print "<input type='radio' value='P' name='tracking_status$OnRow'$selected>Pending Payment<br>\n";
    $selected = ($tracking_status eq "NS" ? " CHECKED" : "");
    print "<input type='radio' value='NS' name='tracking_status$OnRow'$selected>Pending Shipment<br>\n";
    $selected = ($tracking_status eq "PS" ? " CHECKED" : "");
    print "<input type='radio' value='PS' name='tracking_status$OnRow'$selected>Partially Shipped<br>\n";
    print "<input type='radio' value='C' name='tracking_status$OnRow'>Completed<br>\n";
    print "<input type='radio' value='X' name='tracking_status$OnRow'>Cancelled\n";
    print "</td>";

And change that code to:

Code:

print "<td valign='top'>";
    print "<input type='hidden' name='tracking_id$OnRow' value='$tracking_id'>\n";
    print "<input type='hidden' name='tracking_oldstatus$OnRow' value='$tracking_status'>\n";
    $selected = ($tracking_status eq "P" ? " CHECKED" : "");
    print "<input type='radio' value='P' name='tracking_status$OnRow'$selected>Incomplete<br>\n";
    $selected = ($tracking_status eq "PP" ? " CHECKED" : "");
    print "<input type='radio' value='PP' name='tracking_status$OnRow'$selected>Pending Payment<br>\n";
    $selected = ($tracking_status eq "NS" ? " CHECKED" : "");
    print "<input type='radio' value='NS' name='tracking_status$OnRow'$selected>Pending Shipment<br>\n";
    $selected = ($tracking_status eq "PS" ? " CHECKED" : "");
    print "<input type='radio' value='PS' name='tracking_status$OnRow'$selected>Partially Shipped<br>\n";
    print "<input type='radio' value='C' name='tracking_status$OnRow'>Completed<br>\n";
    print "<input type='radio' value='X' name='tracking_status$OnRow'>Cancelled\n";
    print "</td>";

I honestly haven't fully tested this, since I don't pull incomplete or pending payment orders in my batch page; but I'm pretty confident it should work for you.  Let me know how it goes.

Rachael

Last edited by rachaelseven (09-29-2006 08:34:31)

Rachael Katz

Board footer