Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-12-2006 21:51:13

carasmo
Website

Urgent Help! Canceled Orders And Pending Payment

Hello,

In the default package, when a customer clicks "cancel" when they reach the end of the check out process, the email is not generated but the order shows up as pending payment in the admin backend.

There's a modification here:

which allows you to remove the order from showing up in the admin section altogether. However canceled orders DO show up in the customer accounts view as a pending payment (that is the customer can see previous orders and any canceled orders show are part of that).

What I'd like to do is have the ability to look at the view in the "Manage Online Orders & View Invoices" in the administration section to see if an order is canceled or pending payment. That is if the customer clicked canceled, the status is canceled (that way we may be able to convert to a sale). If it's pending payment, then I also know what to do.

Please help. We go live tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

#2 06-12-2006 22:52:18

jpl
Website

Re: Urgent Help! Canceled Orders And Pending Payment

First thing is to keep in mind the only time the order comes in as pending payment would be if the customer selects to be contacted by you or if they go sa far through the order process that the only thing left to do is input payment info. If you are using the contact customer option you may want to make a mod to the cart to indicate that differently then a customer that failed to input payment info.

Otherwise, I believe you are good just allowing the cart to work as is.

Be curious always! For knowledge will not acquire you: you must acquire it. - Back, Sudie

#3 06-13-2006 09:31:54

carasmo
Website

Hello,

This is not true. The "Pending Payment" shows also when an order is cancelled. There's numerous postings about this oversight in the software, but none covers the answer I need, which is:

When an order is canceled, the status should read canceled (not payment pending).

Anyone else? Please

#4 06-14-2006 01:30:45

carasmo
Website

Bump

#5 06-14-2006 08:31:43

rachaelseven
Website

Ok, if you want the incomplete (cancelled) orders to have a different status than the contact customer or check (pending payment) orders, here is what you need to do.  This will involve several changes, so I recommend a full site backup before you begin.  At a minimum, make sure you back up the affected files before you modify them.  When you FTP, remember that CSV files need to be transferred in BINARY mode and PERL files (.pl) need to be transferred in ASCII mode.

First, go into your CCP admin, under Orders & Payment -> Manage Payment Methods.  Click the update link for the Contact Customer payment method and change the Perform Order Updates field to 'Yes'.  Do the same for the Check payment method.

Next, edit the file ccp51/data/tabes/config_tracking.csv and change the line:

Code:

tracking_status,SYSTEM,Order Status,30,Y,SELECT-CUSTOM,Pending Payment:P|Pending Shipment:NS|Partially Shipped:PS|Completed:C|Cancelled:X,P,Y

to:

Code:

tracking_status,SYSTEM,Order Status,30,Y,SELECT-CUSTOM,Incomplete:P|Pending Payment:PP|Pending Shipment:NS|Partially Shipped:PS|Completed:C|Cancelled:X,P,Y

Finally, edit the file cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_order.pl.  In the subroutine ste_order_conf_updatetrack_proc (somewhere around line 3220), change:

Code:

if ($prodshipped_count > "0") {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','NS');

} else {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','C');

} ######### End of if statement.

to:

Code:

if ($tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_nopay" or $tracking_paymethod =~ "ste_gw_check") {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','PP');

} else {

if ($prodshipped_count > "0") {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','NS');

} else {

$dbins_tracking_status = database_quote('tracking','C');

} ######### End of if statement.

} #### endif

Now, if a customer bails out of the checkout process, the order will be marked 'Incomplete', which is what it really is.  If the customer completes the checkout process using the Contact Customer or Check payment options, the order will be marked Pending Payment.  This is tested and working on my site, but this is the first time I've transcribed the mod for public consumption.  I believe I've covered all the steps, but let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Rachael

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#6 06-14-2006 12:29:30

carasmo
Website

OH THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!

It works great!

Deeply appreciated!

#7 06-14-2006 12:56:53

rachaelseven
Website

You're very welcome.  One caveat - with this mod in place, if someone attempts a credit card order and their card is declined, that order will be marked incomplete, just as if they had bailed out of the checkout.  So if you're doing any follow up emailing, you might want to see if they attempted a credit card transaction first.

Rachael

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#8 06-15-2006 06:50:09

noescape

Great mod, thanks Rachael

Board footer