Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-26-2006 10:24:37

myqee
Website

Make 'out Of Stock' Message Still Show Price

Hi all,

When an item is out of stock the displayed price disappears completely and is replaced by the 'out of stock' text.. or whatever text you have set in your admin area for an out of stock item. Whilst this is obviously a needed part of CCP having the price disappear completely is unnecessary not a good idea for my particular site.

Does any one know how to mod CCP so that the price remains displayed whilst the 'out of stock' message displays when an item is out of stock?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.  smile 

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#2 01-26-2006 11:04:36

GoBrushless.com

Re: Make 'out Of Stock' Message Still Show Price

i don't know the cgi command to call the product price, but i'd imagine you'd just go into the file with the "out of stock" (someoen will post the file name), and after the "otu of stock" you'll insert a <br> and then the cgi string that calls the price.

#3 02-27-2006 15:10:46

Mr. Pink
Website

On your admin page go to: HTML Pages & Elements > Manage Site Elements

Find the: update > Product Out Of Stock Message (click on "update")

The current code is this:

Code:

<BR>Currently Out Of Stock

Change it to this:

Code:

<BR>Price: (CGIVAR)currency_symbol(/CGIVAR)(CGIVAR)product_regprice(/CGIVAR)<BR>Currently Out Of Stock

If you want something fancier (such as the "Currently Out Of Stock" message appearing in bold and red, you can change that code to this:

Code:

<BR>Price: (CGIVAR)currency_symbol(/CGIVAR)(CGIVAR)product_regprice(/CGIVAR)<BR><B><FONT color="#FF0000">Currently Out Of Stock</FONT></B>

If I didn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry, I would be a rich man.
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry.

#4 03-02-2006 10:03:36

theblade24
Website

What is making your PandoraStocks site operate so slow?

What is your thinking regarding showing the price on something out of stock? What is the thought process of why you think there is a need to show it?

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#5 03-02-2006 19:42:15

osluk

It is just the preference of the store owner. In my case if goods are out of stock until a new order - without a price it looks strange - no one will ask about an item out of stock and without a price.

Not showing items at all out of stock might have some merit as a choice.

I have the product details display as I want it but I am not totally happy with the way it displays in the summary.

Cheers Chris

#6 03-09-2006 14:51:36

Mr. Pink
Website

theblade24,03/02/2006 10:03:36 AM wrote:

What is your thinking regarding showing the price on something out of stock? What is the thought process of why you think there is a need to show it?

As osluk pointed out, every store owner will have a preference.

My thinking behind it is that I want my customers to come back, after noting that I offer a good deal on whatever product happens to be out of stock at the moment. As a shopper myself, I go nuts when stores don't show price tags. So, I want to offer better service to my customers. Also, by displaying a price for out of stock items, I reduce the chance to be bombarded by emails of people asking me how much something will cost when it is back in stock.

just my 2 cents... wink 

If I didn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry, I would be a rich man.
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry.

#7 03-09-2006 15:42:26

theblade24
Website

Gotcha!

I personally use ATS's active/inactive products mod. I have my products file place an N in the active/inactive field when the inventory level is zero so when it's out of stock it isn't even shown.

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#8 03-13-2006 10:16:03

myqee
Website

Thanks for the help guys,...

theblade24, the reason for the site being so slow is likely the servers. My site is aimed for the UK and so it resides on servers based in London. If you are far away from London I imagine that could slow it down. Also my site is pretty heavy, something that is a bit of an issue and will need to be resolved. With regards to your question as to why I want to display out of stock item prices is the exact reason as stated by osluk - basically a visitor is more likely to come back if they know the price and do not necessarily need to purchase straight away. I think it is just more friendly to the customer.

Mr. Pink, thank you for your solution however I had thought about that way round and realised it doesn't cover my needs. Using (CGIVAR)product_regprice(/CGIVAR) will only ever display the normal price for the item regardless of weather the item is on sale. Most of the items in my store are on sale where the regular price is the rrp and the sale price displays as 'our price'. In order for the price to dynamically display the actual price we sell an item at, either just a regular 'our price' if the item is not reduced or an 'rrp price' & an 'our price' if the item is reduced, I've had to edit the ste_prod.pl file within the modules library in CCP. If anyone is interested I have put the code below that I am now using:

Find the section 'Ste Prod Show Price' in the ste_prod.pl file.

Then change the section under:

Code:

#########
######### If the product is inventoried and it is out of stock,
######### we display a message instead of the price.
#########

to this code:

Code:

} elsif ($useinv eq "Y" && $inv <= "0") {

if ($sale > "0" && $status eq "S") {

$display_sale = "Y";
$display_price = "N";

if ($sale < "0") {

$sale = "0.00";

$sale = sprintf("%.2f", $sale);

} else {

$display_price = "Y";

}
} ######### End of if statement.

&display_print('ste_outstock');

Note that this won't work for items that use other price styles such as volume based prices etc. I only use regular prices and sales prices on my store and with this modification each individual item now displays the appropriate price (sale or regular) below the 'out of stock' message.

myqee

<-- My CCP Shop!

#9 05-09-2007 18:08:59

grabie

Hi, I want to show the price for currently out of stock items too. Most of my items are with volume pricing and some of them are with regular pricing. How can I change the code that works for both? Right now, I am using this code:

Code: <BR>(CGIVAR)product_voltext(/CGIVAR)<BR>Currently Out Of Stock

But it only works for volume pricing. How can I make it works for regular pricing as well? Hope someone can help!

Board footer