Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-24-2006 09:22:03

GoBrushless.com

Order Tracking Number

we ship all orders USPS, and 9 times outa 10 there is SOME type of tracking number.  what i'd like to be able to do is add a field to whichever file controls this display so that when a customer tracks their order, instead of just seeing "completed", they see a field for "Shipped via", "Tracking Number", and "Customs Form # (if applicable)".  Of course, I'd have to add those fields to whichever file controls the "Update" display in View Orders so that when I update their order to "Complete", I can also enter those other 3 pieces of info.

probably should buy the "Mass Update" mod too and have 'em customize it a bit to let me update all 4 fields...

thoughts?

#2 01-27-2006 04:38:38

roxie
Website

Re: Order Tracking Number

Look into the Batch Shipping Mod by ATS, I think it will do everything you are asking except the customs forms part.

I use USPS also - the Batch Shipping Mod will allow you to input the Delivery Confirmation number, mark the order as complete (or partial, cancelled and so on), send an email the customer (I edited this to provide more info) all from one page.

When the customer tracks his/her order from your site they agree to the USPS terms then are shown the tracking number and the date USPS was notified of the shipment. Pretty much the same thing you would see if you used the USPS website to track a shipment.

If you use Stamps.com or some similar shipping service you can take care of all the shipping stuff from the Batch shipping mod after the label has been created.

Great mod!

Board footer